Antifriction Bearings Research Group
The research of the group “antifriction bearings” focuses on the development of a life theory for solid antifriction bearings.
We have over thirty years of experience in the investigation of bearing components and solid lubricant layers, such as molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), gold, silver and lead, as well as in the planning and design of special test benches for our research.
We investigate the factors that have an influence on the lifespan of solid lubricated layers in our test benches.
- Failure analysis of antifriction bearings and traces of wear on tribologically used components
- Expert's opinion on possible causes of failure
- Construction and design of special test benches, especially in the field of vacuum technology and measuring data acquisition
- New design or redesign of mechatronic devices
- General special designs and construction of prototypes
- Inspection of solid lubricated layers concerning their performance under rolling friction